The Custodial team will clean and disinfect campus facilities daily with priority given to high-use and common areas. Special needs will be addressed as they arise. The staff will follow training procedures for the use of personal protective equipment and various cleaning supplies.
- Public restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected twice daily.
- Floors will be swept and mopped weekly and more frequently as needed.
Frequently touched surfaces and objects will be cleaned and disinfected at least daily (depending upon use patterns) including:
- Doorknobs and handles
- Stair rails
- Classroom desks and chairs
- Lunchroom tables and chairs
- Light switches
- Handles on equipment (e.g. athletic equipment)
- Push buttons on vending machines and elevators
Trash cans in offices and classrooms will be emptied on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Large trash cans have also been placed in some hallways for self-trash removal.
Special Needs for Enhanced Cleaning
If a positive COVID-19 case is reported, the space will be closed off until it can be properly cleaned and disinfected. Depending upon the situation with respect to time of day, size of space needing to be cleaned, etc., an outside contractor may be brought to campus for the cleaning and disinfecting work. The focus will be on any areas where the individual is known to have been and on any items or furnishings, they may have touched.