We require all enrolled students to carry health insurance, either through the Student Health Insurance Plan provided by AIG Educational Markets in partnership with Kettering University or another source, such as a parent's employer. Before the start of every new academic year, you must make the choice to enroll in, or waive out of the insurance plan. If you do not waive out by the deadline, you will automatically be enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan and responsible for one year's premium, which is $1,260 for the 2013-2014 academic year. Before waiving students should make sure their coverage will provide adequate protection as well as access to doctors in Michigan. Separately, we will send further information about the University's health insurance requirements to students and their parents.
Instructions for verification of your own insurance:
- Click on the Health Insurance link on the left
- Click on the AIG logo and it will take you to their site
- Log in with your previous log-in information or create a log-in to go through the verification process
- You will receive notification of the approval of your information via email
- Check your student account the following week to ensure the charge has been taken off
- All international students on a F-1 visa are required to purchase the AIG insurance. Please talk with the International Office if you have questions about this requirement effective July 1, 2013.
All current Kettering students (A-Section & B- Section) & new incoming A-Section students:
- A-section (Summer 2013) verification period open: May 20, 2013
- A-section (Summer 2013) verification period close: July 31, 2013
New incoming B-Section Students ONLY:
- B-section (Fall 2013) verification period open: August 12, 2013
- B-section (Fall 2013) verification period close: October 23, 2013