How To Do The Daily Health Check
Everyone must wear a face mask and Kettering ID while on campus (Return to Campus kits that everyone receives will include a lanyard and ID holder). Additionally, everyone returning to campus will be required to take your temperature and answer health questions each day which can be accessed online via a smartphone/tablet app at safereturn.kettering.edu. Based on your answers to the questions, you will receive approval to come to campus (indicated by “green” color screen with approval message) or be directed to stay home or stay in your residence room and contact the Wellness Center (indicated by “red” screen with message to call Wellness Center).
You will then show your smartphone/tablet screen at the designated entrance to be allowed on campus (please see below for entrances as others will be deactivated).
To make it more accessible, you can bookmark the link or add the app to your mobile device's home screen. Students and employees can also find a direct link on the home page of my.kettering.edu (login required).
How to Create a Website Link on your iPhone Home Screen
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Navigate to the site where you want to create a Home screen shortcut (safereturn.kettering.edu/)
- Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen
- Scroll down to the list of actions and tap Add to Home Screen. (If you don't see the action, scroll to the bottom and tap Edit Actions, then tap Add next to the Add to Home Screen action. After that, you'll be able to select it from the Share Sheet.)
How to add a link to your Android device
- Open the Safe Return to Campus web page by clicking safereturn.kettering.edu/
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in the upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to Home screen
- You'll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then automatically add it to your home screen
For employees who do not have a smartphone, contact the HR Office at (810) 762-9933 for instructions about how to complete the daily health screening process.
COVID-19 Additional Guidance Information