Account Spark STEM Scholarship Fund
The Account Spark STEM Scholarship Fund is awarded to first or second generation Arab American students. The scholarship may be renewable for students maintaining satisfactory academic performance.
Amount: $2500 - $10,000
Deadline: June 16, 2021
Eligibility and requirements:
- Be accepted into an undergraduate Computer Science Program with a focus on machine learning
- Be a first or second generation Arab American
- High school GPA of 3.6 or higher; ACT score of 29 or higher (or SAT equivalent)
- List research experience and/or service activities in community, including work done through student organizations
- Agree to provide career data upon graduation
1. Fill out the application form online here.
2. Submit a personal statement, two letters of recommendation from non-family members, an up-to-date Student Aid Report, and a resume or CV through the online form.
Submit an essay of no more than three 8.5” x 11” typed, double-spaced pages, size 12 font, with 1-inch margins describing the following:
• Career aspirations
• Reasons for choosing your selected major/field
• Your financial need (i.e. are you the first to attend college in your family? Do you have any special circumstances you would like the scholarship committee to consider?)
• How you see yourself contributing in a unique way as an Arab American in a STEM field
• What impact being an Account Spark Scholar would have on you
• Research experience, leadership and volunteer activities in your community and/or school
Student Aid Report (SAR):
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and upload a PDF copy of your federal SAR with your application.
Letters of Recommendation:
Submit 2 non-family letters of recommendation. Each letter must be on official letterhead and signed. Your recommender must explain their relationship to you and provide their contact information within the letter. If your recommenders prefer to deliver their letters directly to the Account Spark Scholarship Committee without you reading them, please instruct them to do so here.
High School or College Transcript:
Submit a PDF copy of your high school or most recent college transcript grade report (unofficial OK). Resume or Curriculum Vitae Submit a resume or CV that lists any work and/or volunteer experiences you’ve had. Also include any honors or awards you have received.