First, you have to install an Ethernet card in your machine and set it up to use TCP/IP. Make sure you have it set to obtain an IP address automatically, which is the default. When you turn on your computer, you will get an IP address of 172.16.17.x where x is any number (different on each machine). With this address, you can only get to the one machine which is the "registration server". You will now have to register your machine for use with the network. When you do this make sure you are on the machine you are going to use. Also, please do not register more than once as this can cause some problems. If you get the message saying that you have registered then you are ok.
To register do the following:
- Open your web browser and immediately hit the stop button.
- Go to the URL http://netreg.kettering.edu/
- Enter your LDAP Login and Password ( Your LDAP password should be the password that you use for Webmail, Blackboard, and Banner Web Self Service. )
- You should get a message that tells you that you are registered
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes for it to have setup properly.
- After waiting for a few minutes, you can try to click on the two URLs listed at the bottom of that page to see if it worked. If it did not work you may have to reboot your machine. If rebooting doesn't work, call the help desk at (810) 762-8324.