Auxiliary Services and Physical Plant Departments
The Auxiliary Services and Physical Plant Departments are service oriented organizations that provides a wide range of services for the campus community including:
- Custodial Services
- Facilities Planning
- Room/Event Scheduling
- Audio/Visual Requests & Set Up
- Shipping/Receiving* (NEW PROCEDURES BELOW)
- Mail Delivery
- Heating, ventilation & air conditioning
- Shipping & receiving *
- Mail Delivery
- Moving & storage
- Provides a variety of services to the campus community in the areas of capital improvement, capital expansion, architectural, engineering, environmental services, and project management.
- Is responsible for the coordination of construction project activities between University user groups, professional services firms, and contractors during all stages of project planning through construction.
- Provides administrative services for design development of capital projects and performs all aspects of project contract management for capital and on-going major maintenance projects.
Maintenance & Custodial/Grounds Work Requests (NEW)
To request work orders from custodial, grounds and maintenance personnel by email, send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically generate a work order in the FootPrints system. The system will send an email back to you verifying your request and email you with each update up to completion.
- On the subject line: Building abbreviation (AB, CC, RH, MC, RC), room number, nature of the request.
- In the body of the memo: a more detailed explanation if necessary
If you're unsure of the room number where the work is to be done, visit Campus Maps & Plans.
Central Receiving & Support (NEW)
* Shipping Procedures for Personal Packages (as of April 4, 2012)
We are delighted to ship personal packages via UPS, FedEx, and USPS for our staff, students, and faculty. By using this service, you may realize significant savings - typically 40% or more - over starndard rates, because we can extend our volume pricing to you.
However, the expenses we incur in handling these personal packages, and preparing them for shipment are not budgeted, so we are implementing a modest convenience charge for each personal package shipped through our facility to help us maintain our ability to provide this service and to improve our offerings in the future. All convenience charges are retained by Central Receiving & Support, and will be used to improve our services to benefit you directly.
The convenience charge is assessed for personal packages according to the following schedule:
- No Convenieice Charge will be assessed for USPS letter sized mail posted through us.
- A Convenience Charge of $2.00 per personal package will be assessed for UPS or FedEx shipments (or USPS package shipments) originating with us.
- In high volume periods, Central Receiving & Support may limit the number of personal packages shipped per day. During Holiday and Student arrival/departure periods, you are encouraged to make arrangements well in advance if you anticipate having a large number of personal packages to ship.
To take advantage of this service:
- Bring your item(s) to be shipped to our service counter along with the recipient's mailing address and any special instructions. A department staff member will visually inspect your package(s) to ensure no potentially hazardous items are being shipped. Please note that items will need to be properly packaged so they are ready for processing.
- A department staff member will enter your information into the shipping station software to generate a shipping label for the package and determine the shipping cost of your package. Your package will be processed for the carrier to pick up at the end of the day, and a document will be generated indicating the shipment and the tracking number. A photocopy of this document will be given to you and the original will be kept for our files.
- You then need to go to Student Account/Cashier's Office to pay for the shipment. The hours of operation of the Student Account Office is Mon.-Fri., 9AM-4PM and the hours of operation for the Cashier's Office is Mon. & Thurs. 11 AM-1PM. Upon payment, the Student Account/Cashier's Office will generate a receipt for you. You then must return to Central Receiving & Support with your receipt. Without it, we will not be able to ship your package. It is your responsibility to ensure that Central Receiving & Support receives the receipt.
- Central Receiving & Support hours of operation are Mon. thru Fri., 7AM-4PM. Please bring your package(s) to our office ready to ship no later than 2 PM to ensure same-day processing.
- Prices are subject to change at any time.
- Central Receiving & Support reserves the right to refuse any and all personal shipments.
- For international shipments, please see a Central Receiving & Support staff member for details and special instructions.