Recipients of financial aid and scholarships will receive funds on the first disbursement day of each semester only if:
- You have signed and returned all requested documents promptly.
- Your file has been reviewed and finalized. Your Federal Direct Loan has been certified (and if you are borrowing for the first time, you have completed your Master Promissory Note (MPN) and completed Loan Entrance Counseling).
- You are enrolled at least half-time.
- Outside awards (Private scholarships etc.) will be credited once funds have been received by the financial aid office.
- Private loans are credited upon receipt of funds.
First possible disbursement dates for each term during the 2012-2013academic year:
- Summer 2012 July 3, 2012
- Fall 2012 Sept 28, 2012
- Winter 2013 January 3, 2013
- Spring 2013 March 22, 2013
Work Study earnings are earned and paid biweekly based on the number of hours worked.
Students whose financial aid awards are greater than the semester charges for tuition, fees, room and board may receive a bookstore voucher to cover text book and school supply costs at the bookstore. Students wishing to use this option must go to the Financial Aid Office to make this request.
If financial assistance exceeds billed charges and leaves a credit on your account you can request a refund from the Student Accounts Office. Checks are drawn on Friday only. Student Accounts must receive your request by Tuesday to issue a check on Friday. If a student’s credit is caused by the disbursement of a Parent PLUS Loan, the parent who borrowed the loan must submit written authorization/permission for student to request and receive the refund.