Hometown: Metamora, MI
Major: Computer Engineering
Co-op Employer: Autoliv Electronics America
Why did you choose Kettering?
"I first heard about Kettering University through my uncle and cousin, who both attended Kettering, and as soon as I heard about the co-op experience I was hooked. I love the school and work change-up as it gives me something new to look forward to every three months. The small class sizes also attracted me to Kettering; being homeschooled, I was used to having a lot of one-on-one time and with Kettering I can still have that face-time with my professors here."
What are the five best things about Kettering University?
- The professors - they are extremely helpful and each one knows all of their students' names.
- The education - the education thatyou will get from Kettering is unsurpassed in my eyes because of the academics mixed with real-life work experience.
- The work - Kettering teaches you the meaning of work like no other university can.
- The fellowship - all of the students at Kettering are willing to help you with your studies.
- The degree - once you leave Kettering, you can be satisfied knowing that you are going to be able to find a job because you have a degree that not only says that you are smart, but also says you know how to do the work.
What is your coolest work assignment?
"My coolest experience so far would have to be driving a BMW M7 Li around Pontiac, MI to collect data for our radar systems."
What advice would you give students considering Kettering?
"Kettering is one of the best academic decisions you can make. If you want to be known by your professors and have plenty of one-on-one time with them, this is the school for you. It's a lot of hard work, but it all pays off in the end."