Baseline Requirements for All Clubs
KSG recognized organizations will maintain entitlement to all benefits and services provided by Kettering as long as the following baseline requirements are met routinely. KSG, including Student Senate, Operations Council, and Finance Council withhold the right to act as necessary outside of the set 3-tier system laid out below to ensure all requirements are being met and fulfilled to the best interest of the Kettering student body and the University itself.
- All forms, including but not limited to sign-in sheets and club and student organization registration (found in the back of the Kettering Club President Packet) must be turned in by the listed date and in a timely manner. Agendas must also be submitted with each sign-in sheet as well, and the following are suggestions to what can be listed on agendas due to the wide spectrum of organizations represented by KSG:
a. Meeting date, time, and location
b. List of items discussed
c. List of activities executed
d. Next meeting date and time
e. Upcoming organization events
- One event should be open to all of campus per term. An event is defined as one activity outside of general club meetings. This may include such things as an information session, off-campus trip, social event, or other similar activity. If an organization is unsure if a planned activity meets this requirement, the KSG Operations Council Standards Chair should be contacted prior to hosting said activity. Clubs without a food line item in their budget do not need to meet this requirement.
- A member is defined as a Kettering student or faculty member attending at least 50% of a club’s set meetings. To qualify as a member, said student or faculty member must be signed in on the official sign-in sheet submitted to KSG. Events do not qualify as meetings.
- KSG clubs and organizations must maintain 8 members. This includes executive board members.
- All events and meetings must be advertised at least one week in advance. Reoccurring meetings may use a single flyer to advertise the club for the term; however events must have advertising independent of this. Appropriate methods of advertising include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Banners in the Great Court of the Campus Center
b. Flyers on all public bulletin boards
c. On-line posting within the Kettering calendar
Chalk, etc. in the Pool (must also have a permanent advertisement such as those listed in a-c to accompany)
Clubs and organizations determined to not be meeting the guidelines set forth above are subject to the following 3-tiered warning system prior to loss of club status. There will be a two-week period minimum in between each phase to allow for corrective action by a club or organization, however KSG reserves the right to override said period if a club or organizations violation of KSG rules and policies are of a nature deemed disadvantageous to the student body and Kettering University. KSG also reserves the right to skip tiers for repeat offenders or for those violations severity requires such action. All clubs and organizations may appeal to KSG in regards to offenses being addressed. Past offenses brought against the club may not be re-appealed or re-addressed by said club or organization once a new offense has been brought forth. All processes are managed by KSG Operations Council Standards Chair and associated persons.
- First offense: Written warning with a reminder of KSG rules and policies regarding violation
- Second Offense: Funds requests will no longer be fulfilled until club or organization has met with KSG (Operations Council unless determined otherwise) to work out a solution.
- Third Offense: Funds request no longer fulfilled until club or organization has attended an Operations Council meeting to present a formal proposed solution to avoid future conflicts.
- Fourth Offense: Loss of club status and all associated benefits, funding, and privileges associated with said club or organization. Said club will be placed under a one year probation period of reformation. KSG will act under its discretion to determine reformation of club should interest be shown during said one year period.