The mission of the Testing Services is to support Kettering students in the pursuit of academic excellence by offering them an opportunity to be tested in a secure and comfortable non-classroom environment.
Academic Success Center offers several key services to the Kettering community.
- Make-up tests – students that are not able to take their scheduled tests due to an illness or other emergency circumstances are able to make up the test within ASC.
- Testing accommodations – students that require any accommodations based on a diagnosed and registered disability can take tests within ASC. Please note that testing accommodations are not arranged automatically. See below for more information.
Testing Policies and Procedures
Test Cover Sheet - this form should be filled out by faculty and either submitted electronically or printed out and stapled to the exam when it is delivered to the Academic Success Center.
In order to receive testing accommodations, the student needs to follow the following steps:
1. Receive a documented dignosis from a medical provider licensed to provide such diagnosis. (Once every three years)
2. Register with the Wellness Center (providing a copy of the diagnosis documentation). (Before or at the start of every term)
3. Wait until the Wellness Center reviews the documents, and if approved, sends a letter to the current professors informing them of the allowable accommodations. (Early every term)
4. Talk to every professor in whose class the student intends to use the accommodations about his/her intent. (Early every term)
5. Have the professor make arrangements with ASC for any quizzes or tests. (Before each test)