Aligning the mission with the vision
President Robert K. McMahan has requested that the university mission statement be revised to align with the new vision statement. The new vision and mission statements will be presented to the Board of Trustees during the December 2012 board meeting.
The process that the PAC-SC will use to align the Kettering Mission Statement with the new Kettering Vision Statement:
- Statement drafted by President McMahan
- Reviewed by PAC Steering Committee
- Made available to campus for comment. Feedback was given online and at a Nov. 8 town hall (town hall presentation)
- PAC-SC reviews comments, synthesizes feedback and makes final recommendation to president
- New Mission statement to be presented to Board at December meeting
This process is a continuation of the same transparent and inclusive process that was used for the Strategic Visioning process. Please make time to read the proposed new mission statement as well as the previous mission statement. In late October and early November, feedback was gathered from the university community in various ways. The PAC-SC is synthesizing all feedback and will make the final recommendation by late November.
Proposed mission statement
Kettering University’s Mission is to provide the world’s best integrated experiential education through exemplary programs of study and applied research in engineering, science and business.
Previous mission statement
Kettering University, built on a tradition of co-operative education and preparation of future leaders for a global society, is dedicated to adding transformational value to our students and stakeholders through exemplary programs in engineering, science and business. Kettering University achieves its mission by:
- Empowering learning by balancing academic and experiential educational processes that prepare life-long learners and socially responsible leaders of integrity who make significant contributions to their profession, their communities, and society;
- Expanding knowledge through organized research with a focus on applications of value to our stakeholders; and
- Engaging collaborative partnerships that contribute to the well-being of our region and society.