In 1935 Frank J. Manley was the initiator, developer, and promoter of the Community School Program in Flint. He suggested that better utilization of school facilities could be accomplished by opening the buildings in the evening for recreation. This concept expanded to include programs such as adult education, employment counseling, teacher training and many more innovative programs. The Manley Papers document this major concept in community service that set the pattern for hundreds of other efforts around the world.
Mott Foundation Float
Please note: Permission must be granted for the use of any images located on the Archives website.